DYI Moisturizer Face & Eyes/ Toner
Make Your Own Coconut Oil Moisturizer
|Natural beauty advocates swear by this stuff and its seemingly endless uses. Coconut oil moisturizer will save your skin—and your wallet, too.Coconut oil naturally contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. When used as a moisturizer, it absorbs quickly into the skin, keeping your body soft and smooth. Not to mention, it smells incredible.|
What You’ll Need
Step 1: Prep and mix
Slightly melt the coconut oil so it turns into a liquid. To do this quickly, set the jar of coconut oil in a bowl of warm water for a couple minutes.
In a small mixing bowl, thoroughly stir together the coconut oil, vitamin E oil and Lavender essential oil Gently pour the mixture into a small storage container with a lid. You can apply immediately or store in a cool, dry place.
DYI Anti-Aging Serums & Anti-Wrinkle Cream Recipes
- 1 tbsp Passionfruit Seed oil
- 1 oz Sweet Almond oil
- 1 oz Avocado oil
- ½ oz Beeswax
- 1 oz Aloe Vera gel
- 5 drops Cedarwood essential oil – astringent/tightening
- 5 drops Cypress essential oil – astringent/tightening
- 5 drops Rose essential oil (or palmarosa essential oil is cheaper) – to cool and be delicate with skin, especially with the cedarwood and cypress.
- Put the beeswax and almond oil in a pyrex measuring cup and place in a water bath to melt.
- Once melted, stir in the avocado oil and passionfruit seed oil.
- Wait for the ingredients to cool until it looks like pudding.
- Pour the pyrex contents into a blender and turn on high.
- SLOWLY pour the aloe vera in a thin stream into the blender, pausing every few minutes to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Once cream reaches desired consistency (or once all the Aloe is used) add the essential oils and let combine for a few seconds and then turn off.
- Pour into container and label. Product keeps for up to 2 weeks refrigerated.
- If desiring a natural preservative, please add 20 drops of Grapefruit Seed Oil at the same time as the essential oils and cream should be stable to have unrefrigerated for 3 months.